Friday 31 October 2008

Around the flat

Usually on Wednesdays, Marjo and Aurore make a French/Swiss dinner for us to enjoy. But after hearing that they'd never had stir fry, I decided to show them the deliciousness of Asian cuisine!

Marjo and Aurore working hard in our kitchen/common room

Success!

Notice the lovely harvest tea towel, sent from home :)

Aurore made this crazy dessert where she set bananas and rum on fire.

Sliiiightly worried about the fire alarms going off, since the RA told us not even to use a hairdryer in the same room as one, but I suppose that just added to the excitement.

Playing a little classic American for the French girls (they love Jack Johnson)!

I just had to include this photo! I took it last Saturday as I was exploring the New Town/Old Town areas.
We're already into midterms, so I've had a ton of writing to do in the past few weeks. I'm not really sure how papers are graded here, so it will be interesting to get them back and see how I did.
This afternoon, I'm going shopping with a few friends to see if we can find some cheap Halloween costumes. It seems that dressing up here is a HUGE thing, so we thought we should participate. I'll take plenty of pictures!

No comments: